She's known for her trademark style, but who knew Sarah Richardson had such a killer swan dive up her sleeve? Read on for 11 more things you didn't know about Sarah Richardson.
Think you know everything there is to know about Sarah Richardson? There’s a lot more to this HGTV fan favourite than meets the eye. Read on for 12 things you didn’t know about Sarah Richardson (like her guilty pleasure and a surprising hidden talent!), and tune in to Home to Win, premiering Sunday April 24th at 10PM ET to see Sarah in action. She’s got some big plans for the house!
1. Hidden talent: I can do a really good swan dive.
Sarah’s hidden talent? ”I can do a really good swan dive.”
2. Favourite colour: blue/green, or green/blue – that allows me to combine two together.
3. Favourite season: Fall. I’m born in October… changing leaves, turtleneck sweaters, fires; there’s no better season.
4. How many siblings do you have: I have three; I have an older brother and two younger half-brothers.
5. Best vacation you ever took: My honeymoon because it was so special and amazing, but I would say we love family vacations with our kids in Harbour Island, Bahamas – pink sand beaches and sand castles…
6. Most recent book you read: Curious George Goes to the Hospital.
7. How do you take your coffee: Mostly milk and espresso – homemade lattes; just milk in the microwave, espresso, done!
8. Favourite subject when you were in school: Art.
9. Favourite flea market find: Every last thing that I’ve bought! But a flea market thing that I buy on a regular basis: antique quilts or vintage ceramics. Or the answer would be: I usually need a truck after every flea market.
Cup of Jo 1 / 12 We asked, "How do you take your coffee?" Tommy answered, " Um, I take it a few ways, but do you really want to hear what my Starbucks order is? Sarah knows it." Sarah Richardson (who was present for this interview), says: "I was in New York last week, and as I was walking to get my coffee, for some reason, as I was skipping along the street, I was reciting in my head Tommy's order: A Venti, five-shot, half sweet, sugar-free, vanilla, Americano." Tommy: "That's it! It's a lot of words. I'm a little person who likes big coffee. But just one in the morning."
10. What was your first job as a child? So my first job for a company that I worked for was, Club Monaco when I was 15 years old. But my job before that was when I was about 10 years old, I started doing the laundry at home and getting paid for it, and doing a little bit of ironing. And then my mom realized that I changed my clothes three times a day, and that she was just paying me to do my own laundry! So that ended. I’m really good at ironing men’s dress shirts, I could teach a lesson on that.
11. Favourite thing to do on a rainy day: Bake with my kids.
12. Guilty pleasure: Chardonnay and chocolate! Or cheese fondue, and a fire on a rainy day, with my husband.